New Australian citizenship man showing passport
Prepare for your Australian Citizenship Test
Learn more about our Complete Online Training Program
12 Comments » for New Australian citizenship requirements 2018: major changes make will make it more difficult to become an Australian
  1. Vijay says:

Hi,

My mother in law and father in law heat Australia but they are waiting to apply for citizenship. They don’t have to do a test because of age over 70 no test required.

I think if they heat this country they shouldn’t be getting citizenship in this country.

Happy to provide more information

2. Allan says:

If they break the law at any time while waiting for citizenship or within the first two years of citizenship they must be deported

3. Olefa says:

Hi,

My parents are Australian citizens (all siblings Australians by birth) and I have permanent residency living in Australia since 1996. Do I still need to do the test once I applied for citizenship?

4. cuong huynh says:

if I failed the test 3 times but before 1 july 2018 then I can apply for the est again without waiting for another 2 years as the new rule apply

5. King says:

Hi,,, I already applied for our citizenship last January 2018. Ans still waiting for the test. My wife are eligible now for applying citizenship. Can I include my wife to my application or she will apply for new application? Thank you

6. sheila edge says:

i have been a permanent resident for over 20 years i am now 72 and want to become an australian citizen ,i have been told by people that i am too old ?is this true?

7. Jodave says:

I got my residency on June22 2018 do I wait for 1 year or 4 years before I apply for citizenship.

Am also a kiwi citizen been in this country for 7 plus years

8. Charlie says:

I am in the same position, I got my residency in July 2018, but cannot tell if I need to wait 1 year or 4 years to apply for citizenship

9. satriyantono hidayat says:

I was born in Canberra at December 13, 1971, when my parents was working at the ANU, Canberra. Am I eligible to be an Australian citizen?

10. Grace says:

My husband is 67 year,,,he’s been in Australian for 20 years he has permanent resident….does he have to do the english test…in order to become a Australian citizenship.

11. Sanya says:

My citizenship file is opened and I am overseas staying from 3 months. Does it matter ??

12. MONIRAHMAD ALIZAI says: